“Audit” can be a scary word but it’s really not as intimidating as it may sound.
A social media audit is simply the process to review what’s working, what’s failing and what can be improved upon across your social media channels
It’s a bit like a health check.
In this article, I’ll breakdown the jargon to explain why you should check your social media channels regularly, what’s involved and how it will help you reach your goals.
Why conduct a Social Media Health Check?
The simple answer is to identify areas for improvement.
When I perform a health check for a business – I take a good look at your Social Media accounts to see what works well for your business and what areas would benefit from improvement. This includes considering questions such as:
- Are you on the most relevant channels?
- Does your Instagram account bring in new customers?
- Are your followers engaged with your content?
The answer to these questions can then become a key part of developing(or updating) your social media marketing plan in line with your business goals.
What’s involved in a Social Media Health Check?
As the client, all you need to do is let me know which accounts you use.
I do all the work.
I will perform some or all of the following steps
- Check your profiles are consistent and accurate
- Check you are using the most appropriate platform
- Review the format of content you’re using
- Confirm if your content choice is compatible with the platform you’re using.
- Check if viewers are more engaged on one profile than another? And if so why?
How do you get the results?
Based on my analysis I provide a report documenting my findings (the good and the bad) along with concrete suggestions for improvement.
This might include suggestions about how to:
- identify a wider audience to engage with
- use hashtags more effectively
- vary your content format to reach more people
- make sure you’re not being penalised by the algorithms
We’ll have a quick chat to run through the details of the report to make sure everything is clear and determine how you might implement the changes.
In this article, I’ve broken down the jargon to explain why you should check your social media channels regularly, what’s involved and how a health check will help you reach your goals.
Doing a Social Media health check may seem intimidating but it can make a huge difference in how you run your social media.
Your business will benefit from a review and you will be able to create stronger social media calendars and campaigns as a result.
Let me know if you have questions or get in touch so I can help get your business grow.